Is there an easy, reliable way for Magic Mouse and expose?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Harmush, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

I just sold my iMac and thought i would buy a very over priced but yet wonderful Magic Mouse to make my MacBook experience a little easier. The only thing they is annoying though is I am still using the trackpad for expose. I have found MutliClutch for added gestures but it is very hard to use. Any other suggestions?

The reason i sold my iMac is because my iPad and MacBook are all i need. and i hardly use the Macbook anymore because of the iPad. It was wasted on me keeping it when i never use it.

I dont want to feel like i have wasted my money on a mouse when the trackpad is actually better anyway.

2. Harmush thread starter macrumors 6502a

Harmush

3. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

4. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

Last time I tried BTT, it didn't have a better way of doing gestures than MagicPrefs, which the OP does have.

Personally, I use two-finger up as "Show desktop" and two-finger down as "all windows exposé" ... it's the best I've figured out. Sometimes I accidentally swipe when I'm moving the mouse, but two fingers are easier than an awkward three fingers. Also, unlike the trackpad, you can't swipe the opposite way to go back to "normal"--you need to do the same gesture again.

Personally, I'm still looking for a good way to do middle click (gotta have it for things like Firefox--and, I assume, Safari--because who wants to use two hands or have to click twice to open things in new tabs?). The best "solution" I've found is to put a line of glue drops down the middle of my mouse and tell MagicPrefs to use that zone as middle click--that way I can click without looking as I could with a physical button. (Yes, I do mean glue--e.g., Elmer's. A few dots down the middle, then let them dry and never use your mouse with water on your hands.)

The Magic Mouse is nice for some things, but there are times when I really miss physical buttons. These are two of them. These are my workarounds; hope the first one, at least, helps you.

5. iSwitchd macrumors member

How do you figure that MagicPrefs is hard to use? I will agree and say that some of their gestures aren't easily recognized on the Magic Mouse, so I just stick to the more simple gestures.

I have my expose set up to the 3 finger tap, and 4 finger tap on magicprefs.. no problems at all.

6. mac2x macrumors 65816

Hot Corners. Works every time...plus MagicPrefs to up the laughable mouse acceleration. :)

7. OpenLaszlo macrumors member

OpenLaszlo

I've found that you can use the Abracadabra triggers on Quicksilver (see here) to emulate the magic mouse triggers on the trackpad. Combined with BTT, you can really get some neat stuff to happen on it.