Is there an easy way to Broadcast Text (app?)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by chriskzoo, Dec 29, 2010.

1. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

Does anyone know an easy way to broadcast text easily, possibly via an app? I run a golf league and occasionally need to get a quick message out (need a sub, round canceled, etc.) and would love to be able to just tap on a group, type in the text and broacast it out to everyone.

I use a Google Voice number, so something like the Group Text! app won't work for me.

Even an online, non phone app service would work.

2. mstrze macrumors 68000

Well, I have a group of people I text frequently, and I just go back in the history and click on the previous text and all the recipients are still there and I can text them a fresh message.

Not an elegant solution, but you can probably do similar. Once you send to a group of names once, all you need to do is find the group again (perhaps use a certain contact as the 'name' of the group to help distinguish) type a new message and it will go out to all of them again.

3. vettori macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Google voice apps don't support group texting yet. When they will, our app ABContacts will be able to send group texts through google voice.

I'm not sure but I suppose they don't support group texting yet because google does not allow them??

4. muxbox macrumors member

Whatsapp supports broadcasting although each member would require whats app and an internet connection on their smartphone.