Is there an easy way to create a DVD from a Video Camera

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by vica-bob, Sep 18, 2011.

1. vica-bob macrumors newbie

I am a football coach with an iMac. I am attempting to create a game DVD from a JVC hard drive camera that uses .mod files. I am finding it VERY HARD and time consuming process using an iMac. We can use a PC and the software provided by the vendor JVC. But I own a iMac at home and an OLD PC at work. Can anyone help...now i am using iVl to convert files, then importing to iMovie, then creating a movie because football is a bunch of clips, not a continuous movie, then importing the movie to iDVD to burn the disk. Any advice??? :eek:

2. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I don't know if this is the BEST way, or the most cost effective, but I'm assuming you can play the entire videos, in whatever order you want, on the iMac correct? From the camera?

If you can, you could purchase a screen capturing program, like ScreenFlow, and then just record the computer's audio and the screen while you watch the films in whatever order you want.

Then render that screencap with audio as a file (whatever format; mp4 or something) and then burn that with iDVD.

That's what I'd do if I wanted to make a dvd from something anyway. But I already have the program and use it for other things, so there's that.