Is there an email client that works with Hotmail/Outlook now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Turbocharged, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Turbocharged macrumors newbie

I know hotmail is bad, but I have been using it for many years...

Apple Mail cannot delete emails, syncing is unstable
    outlook 2011 for mac use POP3 protocols only, there is no way to manage effectively
    Airmail used to work, but recently all attachments loss its name and file type, all attachment displays as a file of "unknown name", and often report unstable connections...

is there an email client available to OSX Maverick that works with Hotmail / outlook.com?

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

What do you mean it's bad? I use it every day and think it's great.

Anyway, the default mail.app works with hotmail/outlook.

3. Turbocharged thread starter macrumors newbie

the web based hotmail/outlook is great, but its imap sync isn't...

tried the default Mail.app, I cannot delete emails, deleted emails just pop right back a short while later... also, some of the attachments doesn't download right. sometimes can't be opened.

4. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

That's strange because I've been using the Mail app for years with my school Outlook account. Attachments are fine, and I don't typically delete emails.

I did have issues when I had a community college Live account. I couldn't get it to sync at all.

5. A4orce84 macrumors regular

I've had the same complaints with the default Mail application for years. I've given up and just use the web interface (hotmail.com) for all my email needs for the time being unfortunately. =(

6. commac macrumors regular

Same complaint about Hotmail and default Mail.app

I'm currently using MailTab for Outlook

Best thing about it is you don't have to download all the emails to your computer. Not the best rendering but it beats logging into hotmail's web interface all the time.

7. Turbocharged thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried MailTab for outlook, it does not seem to support multiple accounts...

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

9. commac macrumors regular

If the gmail to mail.app issues are fixed could maybe pass all hotmail messages to gmail and config gmail to send from hotmail. Convoluted but it may work.

10. Turbocharged thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, they solved the gmail problem, but sadly not for hotmail, I have 2 hotmail accounts, one for personal use one for additional business I do besides my main work. so I need to manage the emails as well, receiving through Gmail isn't very practical, in addition, I live in China, Google does not play well with local regulations so all google services here do not perform very well. it's getting better recently but not as good as microsoft and apple's product line.

11. BlackbookGuy macrumors regular

I have this problem too, but not consistently or all the time.