Is there an interest for a 6" iOS device?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Candlelight, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Candlelight macrumors 6502a

Candlelight

Just thinking that the iPhone 5 is 4", the iPad Mini is suspected to be ~8" and the current iPad is ~10".

I think a 6" would be very handy to have. I borrowed a Galaxy S 5.0 Wifi and despite not being a fan of Android I found the form factor to be highly useful.

Now I know Apple would never supply a product to fill a gap - especially in their own product line - but it's another size that they haven't really gone after yet. They could make it slightly wider and add an extra column for icons - that would give 30 icons on any page, including the dock, under iOS 6.

Yay? Nay?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

3. Candlelight thread starter macrumors 6502a

Candlelight

Wasn't talking about if Apple would ever make one based on market strategy, merely if anyone had an interest in that size of iOS device.

I'd still like one. :)

4. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I'd buy an apple branded note/phablet like product in a heartbeat, and I know I'm not the only one. :D

5. urkel macrumors 68030

Yup. Bring it down to 5" and you have a manageable product that has a small, but growing audience. (And for those ready to slam the idea of large phones then this product isn't aimed at you and that's perfectly okay)

6. blackbelter macrumors member

I'd like an iDevice of the size 6.73". Hope Apple will make it someday.

7. coldmack macrumors 6502

Yes, only if it comes with the very useful wacom digitzer, think how amazing that would be with Paper app.