Is there an iPad2 cover that....

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Fataliya, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Fataliya macrumors newbie

Covers the front and back,

converts to a stand without the inside lining laying against the table and getting dirty?

I have the Marware cover for my iPad 1 that converts to a stand without getting the inside dirty.

2. theman510 macrumors 6502

This one from Macally seems to fit what you're looking for, aside from the part about the cover touching the table. I don't have one so I'm not positive how that would work but there are review videos out there.

I emailed them this morning to see if they will soon be offering one that works with the iPad's wake/sleep magnet function and once I find out I'll report back.

Once it can do that this one seems to be perfect for me IMO

http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=388

3. jbrady3324 macrumors regular

Keep us posted. This seems like a nice case

4. theman510 macrumors 6502

I wrote this:

Hi,

I am wondering if there are any plans in putting the "sleep/wake" function of the official Apple Smart Cover in any future versions of the BOOKSTAND2 line of products. Your product seems to protect the iPad in a way I am looking for but I am holding off buying it to see if the magnets will be introduced going forward similar to the official Apple case.

Thank you,

XXXX

And I got this in return:

Hi James,

Thank you for your Interest in Macally products. Currently we do not have plans at this time as the Smart Cover is Apple's patent product.

Best Regards,
    Macally Sales

So I guess this means no :(

5. theman510 macrumors 6502

I don't get it. I mean, their cover is basically a rip-off of the Apple one anyway so it's funny their reason for not doing it is because of patent reasons.

I guess my search for the perfect case continues!