Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fataliya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Tampa, FL
Covers the front and back,

converts to a stand without the inside lining laying against the table and getting dirty?

I have the Marware cover for my iPad 1 that converts to a stand without getting the inside dirty.

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
This one from Macally seems to fit what you're looking for, aside from the part about the cover touching the table. I don't have one so I'm not positive how that would work but there are review videos out there.

I emailed them this morning to see if they will soon be offering one that works with the iPad's wake/sleep magnet function and once I find out I'll report back.

Once it can do that this one seems to be perfect for me IMO

http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=388

jbrady3324

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2009
This one from Macally seems to fit what you're looking for, aside from the part about the cover touching the table. I don't have one so I'm not positive how that would work but there are review videos out there.

I emailed them this morning to see if they will soon be offering one that works with the iPad's wake/sleep magnet function and once I find out I'll report back.

Once it can do that this one seems to be perfect for me IMO

http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=388

Keep us posted. This seems like a nice case

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
I wrote this:

Hi,

I am wondering if there are any plans in putting the "sleep/wake" function of the official Apple Smart Cover in any future versions of the BOOKSTAND2 line of products. Your product seems to protect the iPad in a way I am looking for but I am holding off buying it to see if the magnets will be introduced going forward similar to the official Apple case.

Thank you,

XXXX

And I got this in return:

Hi James,

Thank you for your Interest in Macally products. Currently we do not have plans at this time as the Smart Cover is Apple's patent product.

Best Regards,
Macally Sales

So I guess this means no :(

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
I don't get it. I mean, their cover is basically a rip-off of the Apple one anyway so it's funny their reason for not doing it is because of patent reasons.

I guess my search for the perfect case continues!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.