Is there an iPhone version of the macrumors forums?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by itsmequinn, Aug 20, 2009.

1. itsmequinn macrumors regular

If so, what's the URL? I thought that I once found a forum post as the result of a google search for something iPhone related and it was formatted for iPhone. Am I crazy?

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

In addition to what aggie said above, if you're already on a "non-iPhone" formatted part of the site and you wish to switch over you can scroll to the bottom of whatever page you're on and on the very left of the blue bar on the bottom is a "Quick Style Chooser" where you can switch to the "iPhone friendly Style"

3. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

The mobile site and the iPhone friendly theme are two very different themes.

4. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I like this version much better than the mobile version. Search is disabled on the mobile version and there's no new posts link. The above version is just like normal but some of theclickable links are bigger and easier to touch in the iPhone screen.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I think the mobile version is pretty much useless, IMO, just for the reasons you stated. I never use it, although I have a bookmark for it anyway (IDKY). I always just use the regular MR site. Anyway, xbuddycorex was more helpful, since I was only thinking to answer the OP's question.

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I never knew about the "iPhone friendly" version. Not quite sure what makes it so friendly, except for the width. It sure ain't any prettier than the normal version.

I rather like the mobile version. Sure, it's lacking many features, but it loads almost instantly. I like to think of it as sort of an RSS feed of the forums.

7. jbernie macrumors 6502a

jbernie

8. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Why is there no access to Marketplace through the mobile version of the site? :(