iPhone XS Max Is there an iPhone XS Max update likely soon...?

Turnpike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
New York City!
If I remember correctly, around this time of year the 5S came out and the 6S came out... now I'm thinking to get an iPhone XS Max and am wondering if I would do that, is there a middle-of-the-year subtle update likely or would that only end up to be something like a red version or new color...?

I know this stuff isn't in stone, but what do the people who watch this stuff carefully guess...? I could easily wait a month or two, but then I probably wont if I don't have to.

Turnpike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
New York City!
YES! That's right... the SE.... ok. So the XS Max is likely to be the same until the fall again, right...? Thanks for that.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
If I remember correctly, around this time of year the 5S came out and the 6S came out... now I'm thinking to get an iPhone XS Max and am wondering if I would do that, is there a middle-of-the-year subtle update likely or would that only end up to be something like a red version or new color...?

I know this stuff isn't in stone, but what do the people who watch this stuff carefully guess...? I could easily wait a month or two, but then I probably wont if I don't have to.
There isn’t any indication that Apple will release another color for the Max mid-year. If you want the Max now, then purchase it, as the only change Apple would likely make mid-cycle, would be a color. Otherwise, Fall 2019.

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
I doubt they release a product red Max since it would create confusion with the XR..... So I think there is nothing till September. I would wait until then unless you have a non working phone or a pressing need to update.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I doubt they release a product red Max since it would create confusion with the XR..... So I think there is nothing till September. I would wait until then unless you have a non working phone or a pressing need to update.
Good points. And I don’t believe Apple released A mid-cycle phone with the X in a different color either, it was just with the iPhone 8 in Product Red April 9 in 2018. Although, it could be another indicator when we can at least expect a spring Keynote around that time if anything, or some type of ‘silent update’.

I7guy

macrumors Core
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Good points. And I don’t believe Apple released A mid-cycle phone with the X in a different color either, it was just with the iPhone 8 in Product Red April 9 in 2018. Although, it could be another indicator when we can at least expect a spring Keynote around that time if anything, or some type of ‘silent update’.
Red max would be killer.:D

IowaLynn

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2015
...wait for 12.3 maybe. Hoping they ship with latest .unlikely, rather than months old iOS .