Is there an official verdict on supported screen protectors for 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JoelMarcey, Jun 29, 2009.

1. JoelMarcey macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

Hi,

There has been a lot of chatter on this forum and elsewhere about using screen protectors on the 3GS and how they will affect the oleophobic screen....

Is there an official list, site, etc. that provides which ones are safe for the 3GS as to not ruin the new screen coating?

I still haven't put the screen protector that cam with my SwitchEasy Colors case on the 3GS, mostly out of fear?

Thanks.

2. SooneratND macrumors regular

The Power Support protectors are listed as 3GS compatible on the Apple Store site.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS505LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MjE1MDE0NQ

I'm just not sure I want to give up the feel of the coating. It really does work for me to keep fingerprints and smudges down and I love the super slick feel.

Matt

3. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Yup....

Although we like the new glass on the 3GS, there are reports of it getting easily scratched.

The solution that is safer is to go with steinheil anti-fingerprint.

It is also said to be brighter than the powersupport. Applegurl did a review on youtube. She shows the install of the steinheil.

Just got it and you aren't losing anything. You actually gain as it actually does prevent fingerprints. Much better than the original screen btw.
    :cool:

4. JoelMarcey thread starter macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

Reveal Screen Protector OK

I wrote Griffin and they said the screen protector that comes with the Reveal is ok for the 3GS. Here is what they said:

"The screen protector that comes with the Reveal is a static cling-type screen protector. From our testing, it has had no adverse reaction with the 3G S's screen."