Is there any apps for custom ringtones?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by East, Dec 26, 2007.

1. East thread starter macrumors member

what do i use to open the file do i download on the iphone or do i download it on the computer

2. brando88 macrumors 6502

SendSong will also transfer any song from your iPod section into a ringtone, within the iPhone itself. (No need to use a computer)

3. East thread starter macrumors member

i couldn't get it to work everytime i would do it it would make a noise and then i go to settings and sounds its not there

4. brando88 macrumors 6502

Do you have the most recent version installed? The ringtone issue was patched, and seems to be working fine for me...

I can walk you through a debugging session, and then you can send it over to me and I'll look at it if you want...

5. East thread starter macrumors member

ok i got the latest sendsong, i send the song i want to my ringtones and i go to settings and sounds and it says that i have my custom ringtone selected but when i call it plays Marimba not my song

6. brando88 macrumors 6502

When you play the ringtone back in the Settings > Sounds section, does it play the custom file there?

7. East thread starter macrumors member

8. brando88 macrumors 6502

make sure that the number you are calling from does not have a custom ringtone assigned to it, and restart the phone and try it again.

9. East thread starter macrumors member

i thought maybe if i shorting the song it would work but when i do that the song don't show up in sendsong

10. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

You could use GarageBand. If you don't have iLife '08 than you have a good reason to do so. That is, if you're running OS X not windows.

11. East thread starter macrumors member

12. brando88 macrumors 6502

I see that you are a newbie, how comfortable are you with SSH and/or Command Line?

13. East thread starter macrumors member