Is there any chance Apple would bump up the delivery date?

Goldfrapp

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
I don't know why, but I didn't rush through the check-out process this year assuming that most would be busy buying the new iPhones first, and by the time I hit the Pay button, my Sep 21 delivery date had already slipped to Sep 28 - Oct 2.

Ugh

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
There's a very good chance - Apple tend to be conservative with their delivery dates. Last year, the iPhone X shipped earlier than expected for a lot of customers whose dates had slipped.

redavis41

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2017
Apple motto with deliveries... "under promise, over deliver". Those in the second tier of dates will see their dates move up depending on the model popularity they have. My bet is the Gold SS is the hot model in demand this year.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
It has happened a lot in the past, so as said there is definitely a chance.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2002
Definitely possible as it's happened before. With the exception of the Air mat or whatever it's called, Apple seems to have learned its lesson as far as underpromising and over delivering.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I don't know why, but I didn't rush through the check-out process this year assuming that most would be busy buying the new iPhones first, and by the time I hit the Pay button, my Sep 21 delivery date had already slipped to Sep 28 - Oct 2.

Ugh
I would suggest try reading the front page for the Apple Watch pre-orders. Almost the majority of members who pre-ordered, were predicted September 28 through October 2 for a delivery date. Seemingly the stainless Apple Watch models were already at September 28, where the aluminum models will be shipping immediately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.