Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Foamer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
Is there any data that uses minutes? I am very confused...

I barely use my phone to talk, it is about 85% texting, e-mail and safari.

I checked my minutes, and it says that my overage minutes for this month are 145, and that I have 4667 n/w minutes remaining.

I absolutely KNOW that I did not use up all my day time minutes this month, or have even come close. I use maybe 5 minutes a day max, and have the 450 minute plan.

How the hell could I be over by 145 minutes, and how much will this cost? I am positive it is an error, but now I have to wait till monday to call at&t

Foamer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
Also, I was lucky to get a phone with no problems, no issues, no crashes, and very few dropped calls. I am running 2.0.1 and it has been great since the day it was released. But lately the phone has been VERY sluggish, even though I do a hard reset every morning.

SMS takes about 10-15 seconds to open, contacts takes even longer before I can select or scroll, safari has been crashing constantly, I have been missing SMS's, and when I lose service (theres a dead spot a block from me since I live between two sand dunes on the Lake Michigan lakeshore; there are 5 bars either side of the dunes and at my apartment), it takes over 10 minutes to regain signal, even if I put airport mode on then off. If I reset the phone it finds the network instantly.

ALL these problems started happening the day 2.1 was released.

I had a great experience up until now, and am honestly getting quite upset with the damn phone, AND AT&T

NeoMayhem

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2003
If you dont have a data plan then using data can use minutes in some cases. Some old MMS plans charged minutes instead of data, for example.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.