Is there any data that uses minutes? I am very confused...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Foamer, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Foamer macrumors regular

Is there any data that uses minutes? I am very confused...

I barely use my phone to talk, it is about 85% texting, e-mail and safari.

I checked my minutes, and it says that my overage minutes for this month are 145, and that I have 4667 n/w minutes remaining.

I absolutely KNOW that I did not use up all my day time minutes this month, or have even come close. I use maybe 5 minutes a day max, and have the 450 minute plan.

How the hell could I be over by 145 minutes, and how much will this cost? I am positive it is an error, but now I have to wait till monday to call at&t

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

There's no data that uses your minutes, other than phone calls...

3. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Are you on a family plan? maybe the other person used those?

4. Foamer thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, on a single line. something is seriously wrong here....

5. Foamer thread starter macrumors regular

Also, I was lucky to get a phone with no problems, no issues, no crashes, and very few dropped calls. I am running 2.0.1 and it has been great since the day it was released. But lately the phone has been VERY sluggish, even though I do a hard reset every morning.

SMS takes about 10-15 seconds to open, contacts takes even longer before I can select or scroll, safari has been crashing constantly, I have been missing SMS's, and when I lose service (theres a dead spot a block from me since I live between two sand dunes on the Lake Michigan lakeshore; there are 5 bars either side of the dunes and at my apartment), it takes over 10 minutes to regain signal, even if I put airport mode on then off. If I reset the phone it finds the network instantly.

ALL these problems started happening the day 2.1 was released.

I had a great experience up until now, and am honestly getting quite upset with the damn phone, AND AT&T

6. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

If you dont have a data plan then using data can use minutes in some cases. Some old MMS plans charged minutes instead of data, for example.