is there any discount avaiable on ipad pre-order in USA?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ansabakhan, Mar 12, 2010.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

any kind of discount ? educational ? business?

i just checked educational store and the prices remains the same ! is that how it is no discount ?

2. yankintx macrumors 6502

3. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i am sort of new with apple stuff ... do they only discount on their computer ? no ipod , ipads?

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

More or less this is correct.

5. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

more or less?

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

There are special cases where discounts can be had on iPods, iPhones, and probably iPads... but they aren't available to the general public.

7. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

ok i see so basically its not avaible on apple.com for pre-ordering

8. Aboo macrumors 6502a

No EPP or educational discounts on the iPad either :mad:

9. Ports macrumors regular

Ports

No way they would discount today? Why?:confused:

10. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

why just today? you think they might discount it tomorrow

11. bbydon macrumors 6502a

I was thinking they would discount from the start. But i guess they are waiting for the hype to die down. If you wait that long you might as well get it from amazon for their discounted price and no tax (if you in a lucky state)

12. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

luck state = not NY :(

13. emoore macrumors regular

It does suck that there is no EPP discount. All other items have EPP discounts except for the iPhone. iPods have the discount but it is not that much.

14. Aboo macrumors 6502a

iPods have like a 7% discount. Its annoying that Apple doesn't discount the iPad.

I can understand that the iPhone being subsidized through ATT and therefore being ineligibile for Apple EPP discounts, but the iPad (non 3G) version has none of these limitations.

15. rogerram macrumors regular

Education Discount

I was playing with 'iPad I would order' (were I not in UK!) & noticed there was a link from the Cart page to 'checkout your eligibility for discount at the education
    store'. Surely there is an education discount or why would the link be there?

16. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

1% discount if you go through Fatwallet CashBack. Other cashback sites may be offering more. Not anything to hoot about, but if you want to say you got a discount this would be the way.

17. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

EPP on new items is never available right away. Not for 6-12 weeks. They need to make sure the general public gets enough of them before they offer EPP.

However, that said, there is a discount on the iPad. Base model - $499.

Everybody wants something for less or free. Get over it.

18. kensteele macrumors newbie

Of course there are ways to get a discount, you just have to know where to look. I won't be paying full price for my iPad. ;)

Sorry, I should clarify that I'm not buying on day 1 but I'm not waiting 6 months either.

19. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

you people are high!

Discount, give me a bloody break!

20. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Apple has made it very clear to its sales channels that the iPad is "not a commisionable product" so, like for the iPhone, I doubt that you'll even get your 1% from fatwallet or find any other discounts (like the biz store or the ed store or epp).

21. Aboo macrumors 6502a

That 6-12 week lead time is for apple employee discounts and not corporate discounts. Our hospital gets these discounts for all Apple products except iPhone. Now I guess iPad isn't included either.

22. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I checked the EPP store and didn't notice any discounts on any iPad related gear in my cart. There were discounts showing for iPod Touch, Macs, etc but not for iPad. This might just be during the pre-order period. I don't blame Apple for withholding discounts during the pre-order period. Why should they take less money for an early unit? If discounts show up later, I wouldn't be surprised. If I want an iPad on "day one", the lack of a corporate discount isn't going to stop me.

23. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

I emailed my university bookstore earlier in the week to find out if we'd be able to pre-order through them and whether there would be a discount. They waited until today to email me back. Apparently, they couldn't get the information from Apple ahead of time. They said that Apple wouldn't allow them to offer a discount on the iPad (apparently not even on ones sold through the bookstore, which often has better discounts than on the actual online Apple store), but they would allow them to start placing orders through the store now. So, no educational discount at this point, which kind of sucks. I was hoping for like $50 off or something.

24. NotTempted macrumors member

Sucks indeed. I did however, shop for the iPad through the Education Store and saw that there was a notice of this before finalizing my order. I hope that when the pre-order period is over and the transaction goes though that there is a discount in there somewhere. I think that the iPad is pretty reasonably priced and will save me a ton on books so I am ok either way.:cool: