Is there any Easy to Apply Screen Protectors anyone can recommend?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bgarrant, Mar 1, 2011.

1. bgarrant macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4 and have had issues applying the adheasive style screen protectors (bought a 3-pack from Verizon). I would like to get one that is easy to apply and can be removed and reapplied if needed. Maybe an anti-static one without residue? Can anyone recommend a good screen protector that is easy for a novice to apply? Please don't say Zagg Invisable Shield as that is not easy in any way.

Preferrably one that resists finger prints as well...

Thanks, Bryan

2. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Power support crystal is the way to go... order from their website or J&R since apple only carries the anti-glare for some reason.

3. 3gbuff macrumors member

Kioky just made an applicator for screen shields. They include protectors with purchase. Check them out.

http://www.kioky.com/

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

If you must have a screen protector, go with Power Support.

5. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

power support are the easiest for static type and wrapsol ultra with the wet solution is the best for wet install.

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

This is why I had Apple install my PS Anti-Glare this past Saturday afternoon. I'm terrible with the SP installs. My ex-wife was a pro at it.

7. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

8. barkingDog macrumors regular

barkingDog

I just took a look at the applicator. Interesting and appealing. But I'm wondering: how well does this work?

Static cling protectors are usually best applied (depending on your style) from end to end, or from the middle - then spread outwards. This device seems to allow only a "slap" it on type method, leaving the question of bubbling, etc.

Those who've actually used Kioky, please chime in: I'm interested in something like this if it actually does a great (not just good -- I'm OCD with Screen Protector installs) job. FFS man, I hate installing SPs! :mad:

9. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Don't waste money on a screen protector applicator. I dont understand the people who would actually buy one of these things.

Just relax while you're installing it. Most people just get nervous and think that if they don't hurry with the application, dust is going to get under the screen protector and that'll be the end of it. It's relatively easy once you get over the mental hurdle.

10. barkingDog macrumors regular

barkingDog

Thanks for the advice.

It's no wonder I spend so much time of getting it right. I used to hurry, and crappy results was all I ever got. I'm now fairly good, albeit slow, at getting it right.

I did learn some of the tricks (tape in hand, steam the room up, etc.) which immensely helped. Still, I wish to heck I wasn't compelled to use these things.

Appreciate your input. :)

11. obyte macrumors regular

Wait till you have to do your first iPad one. Talk about stressful