Is there any fix for the "System taking 50% of memory" bug?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Teste, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Teste macrumors 6502

It has been widely noticed that, in iOS 11, the size of the System is bugged and is overly inflated. Now, while the most ardent fanboys are claiming that it's perfectly normal for the system to take nearly half of the device's space, normal people have noticed that restoring the iPhone or the iPad reduces the size of the System back to its true size.

The thing is, restoring the device every week is not a solution. Apple may as well expect people to buy a new device every month (or do what the very convenient add says when the device warns that its memory is full, and buy iCloud space).

Has anyone here seen any way to actually fix this issue? Or do we need to wait for a "SystemGate" before anyone actually bothers with this? :rolleyes:

2. saudor macrumors 6502a

This sounds like basically the old "Other" that often took up 5-10gb of my storage. Mine keeps going up and down from 5gb to 8-9gb

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Widely noticed? Oh please. :rolleyes:

System storage should be between 8-12GB normally. That includes the size of the OS and all formatting. Anything added on top of that is junk throughout your device and only a result of what you do on your device. Download Dr. Clean or MagicCleaner, clear the cache and call it a day.

The amount of "conspiracy" and "gate" nonsense is ridiculous.

FYI you lose all credibility for bringing in the word "fanboy" and essentially attacking them.

4. macfacts macrumors 68040

macfacts

There is no fix.

5. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

6. Teste thread starter macrumors 6502

Hit a nerve, did I? ;)

Sure, go into denial mode. I'm sure there's no such thing as "iPhone throttling" either. :cool:

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Hit a nerve? Not at all. I just don’t fall for ad hominems and those that use it can’t find a way to attack an argument so they attack the person. Thus, losing all credibility.

8. anyjungleinguy macrumors 6502

9. IowaLynn macrumors 65816

IowaLynn

Cache cleaners? Unsafe usually that can make things worse.

System caching files on cloud storage to improve performance? Reasonable and useful probably as noted in another current thread.

10. Superrjamz54 macrumors 6502

Superrjamz54

5gbs is hardly half of 64