Is there any fix to the keyboard backlight problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by strokes, Apr 4, 2008.

1. strokes macrumors newbie

Is there any fix to the keyboard backlight problem? My keyboard work only setting manually on. It won`t set keyboard lights on when it`s at the darkroom etc. Is there any fix for this problem? Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english...

2. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

It seems to be fairly widespread and not a fix released by Apple yet.

3. dthree36 macrumors regular

I had a similar problem but I read on a post somewhere where you have to manually adjust the keyboard lights depending on the lighting situation. The post recommended going into a completely dark room and then adjusting the lights by pressing the F5/F6 keys to get the lights at the level you want. It worked for me, but I am not sure if you are having the same problem i had.

4. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

I had the same problem. It seemed to occur after I transferred my settings from my macbook pro.

I performed a fresh reinstall of Leopard and set up the settings from scratch myself and the auto backlight works perfectly now.

5. strokes thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, thanks for your replies. I think that I just have to wait that apple will fix this in somekind of update etc...

6. acarle208 macrumors member

there could be something wrong with the ambiant-light sensor.

7. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

The 'set in complete darkness' thing seems to work. Kinda laughable, but appears to do the trick.

8. w00tini macrumors 6502a

for what its worth, I have not had this problem. is this something many are seeing?

9. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

10. strokes thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i`ve tried that Labtick but keyboard still not put the lights on at the dark automaticly...

11. Thomi macrumors member

Hi! That's exactly the aim of this workaround as I have understood it: to NOT let the MB(A) control this, but let YOU control it. Meaning that you will have to set the lights on manually:eek:, but then at least they will stay on.. ;)

12. strokes thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah. When I had the macbook pro, backlit worked like it should. Automaticly with no forcing with the anykind of softwares etc... I thought that macbook air keyboard work as same as macbook pro. That is the one and only – of my mba :eek: but overall i love mba :)

13. strokes thread starter macrumors newbie

I´m still hoping somekind of :apple:fix for this problem because it won`t work like it should!

14. newyork9854 macrumors newbie

I had the keyboard backlighting issue described above and could not find any way to fix it. My hard drive failed and when it was replaced at the Apple Store the backlight started working again for no apparent reason. Maybe if you do a system restore and reinstall the factory software it might start working, I would think this was due to that rather than the Hard Drive. By the way, it was pretty dissappointing that the HD failed in 2 months, but I guess that's what happens when you put an iPod HD in a Mac.