iPad Is there any hard back shells out there for the air with metal strips on the back?

dvboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
My previous generation iPad had a back shell with 2 metal strips on the back of it,makes the Smart Cover MUCH more effective in my opinion.Anybody seen anything?I know Speck is soon releasing the Smartshell,but that has a single strip and still not out.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I also wish some rear shells had the speaker & button coverage like Apple smart case.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
My previous generation iPad had a back shell with 2 metal strips on the back of it,makes the Smart Cover MUCH more effective in my opinion.Anybody seen anything?I know Speck is soon releasing the Smartshell,but that has a single strip and still not out.
I've seen the SmartShell for the rMini at the Apple Store. You might want to check yours to see if they started carrying it.

What is the use of metal strips?
To hold the smart cover in place when folded back.

dvboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Better than what? 4 panels? No way. Apple did the right thing reducing the iPad's dimensions but their own cover fails to provide proper stability.
I am referring to how stable it is when using the "metal strip" on the back for a typing position,not the convention way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.