Is there any hope for my mac? (liquid damage)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zeppelyn, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Zeppelyn macrumors newbie

Okay... so yesterday I had just bought coffee and set it on my desk where my laptop also was. It had a lid but when I picked it up again it popped off and tipped and spilled everywhere, and I thought only the edge of the spill got to my laptop and it was only on the underneath casing. I first moved it and cleaned up the spill, while my boyfriend used a towel to dry what was on the mac. It was still on, and as I was finishing cleaning I got a bunch of sudden popups about a UBS device taking too much power, and the screen was flashing blue. I quickly turned it off and used a paper towel to dry all the ports on the left side, knowing now that they got coffee in them.
    I'm not very tech savvy... and this was a stupid idea but I tried to turn it on again. I guess I thought it only might've messed up the ports. I heard a crackling/static sounding noise and quickly turned it off again. Today it won't turn on at all, and when I plug it in the charger light comes on. I feel horrible... especially since this was a gift about two years ago. Is there anything I can do with it?

2. Zeppelyn thread starter macrumors newbie