Is there any need to "baby" the internal speakers?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by TheyCallMeBT, Nov 21, 2013.

1. TheyCallMeBT macrumors member

Jan 9, 2013
    Hi all. Just got my new iMac 27" and it flies! I had an i3 2010 27" iMac before. I was worried that I messed up my internal speakers a couple of days ago. Fortunately, it is just a Chrome error. I had just switched to using Chrome when setting up the new machine. Apparently there is a well documented (and unsolved) problem with Chrome where audio that is being played through a flash player, YouTube included, has an issue. To me, it sounds like you have blown your speakers. Well when I had first noticed that issue, it was right after playing BF4 for the first time on the iMac, and I played using the internal speakers instead of my headset to see how it sounded.

So to condense that, I noticed Chrome's audio issue right after playing BF4 with audio through the internal speakers. I was worried for a little bit, but I have definitely ruled out the possibility that the speakers were messed up-- it's just a software problem with Chrome.

However, that did get me to thinking about whether I should use the speakers for something with that much bass and at a higher volume. Could they be damaged from that? Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!
  2. B1ueB1aze macrumors member

Oct 22, 2013
    Nah, I think you'll be fine. Especially since it's still under warranty lol. Really though unless you have them at max for a long period of time then it shouldn't have an issue. Even at max they probably would be ok.