iPad Is there any news about iPad 5?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lykoss, Sep 21, 2016.

1. lykoss macrumors newbie

lykoss

I haven't heard any news about it yet. Want a new air :(

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm surprised we haven't seen any leaks. There has been literally nothing on Macrumors front page regarding iPad...

3. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I'm pretty sure it's safe to say the iPad Pro 9.7" IS the iPad Air 3/iPad 7 (the Air 1 was iPad 5 BTW.)
    lol

Kallum.

4. JulianL macrumors 65816

Apple started out announcing iPads in Mar/Apr until the Airs and the Pro 12.9" where they shifted to Oct/Nov releases. With the 9.7" Pro this year they went back to a Mar/Apr (Mar 31) release.

I just cracked the screen on my Air 1 so I was really hoping (against hope) that Apple might go back to the Air's Oct/Nov refresh cycle for future 9.7" iPads but at only a month or two to go until that possible launch date I would have expected to see a few parts leaked by now so I fear that the shift back to the original Mar/Apr refreshes of the iPad line that happened when the current iPad Pro 9.7" was announced is here to stay so probably no new iPads until Mar/Apr 2017. I'll love to be wrong though.

5. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

There isn't going to be an "Air 3".

People have to give up that dream.

6. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I don't understand why people don't realize the Pro is the Air 3. It even has almost the exact same design as the Air 2.

7. RedOrchestra Suspended

I feel the same way about the 5SE iPhone - Apple ain't foolin' anyone with that release.

8. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Because they want to believe an Air 3 will come...don't ask me why.

9. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I don't get it either. It only goes to show the power of marketing. Change the word "air" to "pro" and people are convinced that it's a whole new product line, but really it's not. It's just a re-branding.

10. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Never heard of a 5SE.

11. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I'm pretty sure that you know what he means.

12. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I know which iPhone he's talking about, but nope, I have no idea what he means.

13. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I have no idea what he means by Apple attempting to fool people. The iPhone SE has the same CPU, GPU, and amount of RAM as the iPhone 6S. It's just more compact (which a lot of people like me prefer), uses the 4/5-style chassis (which in my opinion looks nicer than the 6 series), and costs less.

And I say all this as a 6S owner...had the SE come out on the same day, I'd prefer the SE and would have one.

I think the only fooling that is going on are all those people that keep referring to it as "5SE" trying to make it look worse/older/slower than it is, when really it's a compact 6S.

14. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

This is the most confusing thread I've read in a while, on several levels.

Why does the OP refer to a new iPad 5?!

What the heck is that???

15. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I think maybe the OP meant iPad Mini 5, and is curious to when it is coming out.

16. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

But then he says he wants a new Air, which suggests that he's asking about the next 9.7" model.