Is there any option for deauthorizing all itunes computers within the same year?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Queen of Spades, May 9, 2010.

1. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I inadvertently reached my limit of authorized computers in iTunes, and now I cannot sync my iPhone. I tried to deauthorize all, but itunes claims I used the option last July. I don't remember, honestly, but I might have.

Unfortunately I forgot to properly deauthorize my old computers (I wiped them clean) and now I'm stuck.

Is there any option for this? Would Apple support be able to help me? A genius bar appointment? Is there a department I could call? I really need to restore my iPhone from a back up I have on my computer.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. DolmenRage macrumors member

As far as I know you need to get to one of your five computers and deactivate it in order to activate a new one, or you could wait whatever's left of the year and deactivate them all.
    Maybe if you contact Apple they could help you.

4. Queen of Spades thread starter macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

Just a follow-up in case anyone else has this issue - I emailed iTunes support and filled out a ticket. They promised to get back to me within 24 hours. They did, and the representative was able to de-authorize all computers on my account so that I could re-authorize again.

Apple support was great on this one, and I'll be more mindful of de-authorizing computers in the future. :cool: