Is there any reason for me to activate a data service if I have wifi anywhere I go?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Johnny Steps, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Like school and home. At school I get tired I'd having to reconnect all the time and I felt like getting a data plan just so I didn't have to... (Yes lazy I know lol)

Opinions?

2. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Why do you have to reconnect? I have wifi at home, at my parent's and at my aunt's. I don't do anything when I get to any of those places, my devices just automatically connect when I get there.

3. noteple macrumors 65816

Got the cash get the data.

Feeling strapped WiFi is your friend.

When I had to commute in the train the data was a blessing. Got a lot done in the morning.

4. Bokes macrumors 6502

I haven't used my data plan in awhile- but I'm pretty sure I only paid for the month if I used it. In other words if you can get through a month with WiFi- you don't pay. If you find yourself in a pinch and flip on data- you pay.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

It's a matter of preference and you need to make the call. You can always try not using a data plan and seeing how it works for you if you're undecided. Polling others isn't the way to find your answer.

Personally, I find the data plan useful despite the ubiquity of WiFi. As with any subjective matter, YMMV.

6. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

If wifi is available everywhere you go, buying data is a waste.

Since you don't need to be connected to wifi to buy cell data, just don't buy it until you find you need it.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That's why I buy my ipads wifi only...I have an iphone with a data plan, and wifi just about everywhere I go...On the rare occasions I don't, my phone is there..I'd say save some money and stick with wifi.

8. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Why don't you flip it on when you really need it? It's not like you are being asked to pre-commit before you need it..

9. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

Seriously?