Is there any reason for me to update from 9.0?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by emilioestevez, Nov 29, 2015.

1. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

Currently running 9.0 that came with my launch 6s. Is there any reason to update?

2. chrfr macrumors 603

There's lots of bug fixes and security updates in the subsequent versions. If you aren't jailbroken, you should update.

3. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

It can be argued either way. A common hook Apple uses is fear based selling suggesting security reasons alone is a reason. Before I lost trust I'd just go with it. Fast forward to now it's truly a gamble

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

actually I can't see a reason NOT to update.

That's ridiculous.... they are not lying about security patches and bug fixes.

5. raab macrumors member

There's far more important things in life than debating whether or not to update a piece of technology.

Honestly, just update the phone. Or don't, either way why do you need to be spoon fed to decide?

6. Act3 macrumors 65816

As well as there are far more important things in life than these forums, but here we are.

I do agree, no harm in updating. However 9.2 may be released soon, if you care to wait.

7. Powermax macrumors regular

8. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

If you're happy with 9.0 wait until 9.2 is released. Nothing wrong with 9.1 but 9.2 is a bigger step forward in my opinion.

9. emilioestevez thread starter Suspended

emilioestevez

Because, ya nob, sometimes updates break stuff. Like when an iOS 8 update borked Wi-Fi connectivity. Apple's software history as of late hasn't been up to their Jobs era standard. I'll see what 9.2 brings. Thank you to the non shxtposters.

10. I7guy macrumors G5

None of this says what your individual experience will be.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Clearly no issues of that sort have been present with iOS 9 updates given that you would have heard about them by now (considering the last update was released weeks ago).

12. theshoehorn macrumors 6502

This. Do it for the security fixes if nothing else.