Is there any "true" way to cap your data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Robby C, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Robby C macrumors regular

Robby C

Hey guys,
    Stupid question here I would assume, but I need to ask. Before going and getting the iPhone I would like to know if it's possible to put a cap on once you've met the 2GB limit. What I mean by this is that after you've used up your 2GBs of data, is there anyway you can ask AT&T to prevent you from going over by just preventing data usage once the 2GB limit has been met? I know they give you warning messages and all that, but I just don't feel comfortable with it. Really, it's just a trust issue with myself, but still. I know on my current "dumb"phone I have data usage locked, therefore I can't even get on the internet through my phone, so is there anyway for that could be possible with the iPhone? Except it allows data usage up until 2GBs have been used.

I feel my post is rather confusing, but I've tried to make it as clear as I could to my ability.

Thanks in advance all,
    I appreciate it.
    ~Rob

2. orange42 macrumors 6502a

I was just thinking about this. I wish they would do this but I don't think they will because they make double when people go over. It'd be great though. Just disable data once you reach the monthly limit.

3. illutionz macrumors 65816

You're right, do not rely on the sms notification as it's not instant... It might take up to 12-24 hrs for the number to get updated on their system and send you the sms... there was a thread a couple days ago someone went over the limit and he didn't get any SMS notification at all...