Is there any type of extended screen notification like Android?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by QuantumLo0p, Jul 9, 2015.

1. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

Is there any type of extended time screen notification for call/voicemail/email/msg? Specifically a notification that will be visible even if my phone has been sitting around for a while; not the momentary defualt method which is 99% useless. A few users have told me "no" but I cannot believe Apple would leave something as important as a call/voicemail/email/msg indicator out of the final product. If it was intentional I can only imagine it was because of a patent issue.

2. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Are you serious? There are multiple levels of notifications for that. You can choose between 3 settings for alert style: NONE, BANNER (which is an alert that displays momentarily across the top of your screen) and ALERT (which displays a large alert message in the middle of your screen that MUST be cleared by your action). Additionally, there are sound and badging options. The badging displayed a number of missed items in a red circle on the icon for the app (call, email, SMS/Message,etc).

There are also settings to define what is displayed on both the device LOCK SCREEN and the Notification Center screen.

Attached Files:

3. QuantumLo0p thread starter macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

That's why I'm asking! Lol. I double checked and my notifications are set to alert but they do not display very long. I restart every week or so but the behavior is unchanged. Grrrr.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

No unfortunately no persistent or repeated type of notifications for the most part (messages does have a repeat setting that can be enabled for some period of time). No persistent LED notifications or anything like that.

5. eyoungren, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

There's a jailbreak tweak that will allow persistent notifications, i.e. on your lockscreen until you actively dismiss them. But you have to be jailbroken.

As far as LED notifications, there's the camera flash thing in the Accessibility settings.

Apple has not deemed notifications important enough to display them or to provide a notification light like other manufacturers - yet.

6. QuantumLo0p thread starter macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

Thanks for all the input. Well, not exactly the news I was hoping for but it's not the end of the world.