is there any way ipad can run citrix/java

Discussion in 'iPad' started by scottvanson, Nov 30, 2010.

1. scottvanson macrumors newbie

i bought ipad so i can access work email on a secure site. the site uses java/citrix,

Are there any apps that can help

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Theres a free Citrix app in the App Store. Works well.

3. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Just a bit of consumer advice for you. Prior to buying a $500 device, you should really look into whether or not it meets your needs and use cases. While there is a citrix app, if your corporate IT is not configured to accommodate it, you may be out of luck. Hopefully though it does work well for you.

4. reckless2k2 macrumors 6502a

Although I did not buy mine for work, I can not access my job's Citrix Presentation Server either. It requires some tweaking of the code in order to access from any iOS device but my job is unwilling to do it. I'm pretty sure I can't access from a Mac as well. Again, not supported by my company's IT and they are unwilling to edit the code anytime soon.

Good luck.

5. thatisme macrumors 6502

thatisme

I am in a similar boat in not being able to access LiveMeeting on the ipad since it uses Java. Kinda sucks, because, the ipad would be a perfect mobile meeting device for us road warriors. On a side note, my company wont even support VPN on an iDevice... Have to use a crappy web-based e-mail client to get corporate e-mails.

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

This thread is an example of his "looking into whether a $500 device does what he needs."

7. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

If you read the original post the OP said he bought, meaning already purchased.

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You are correct, sorry.

9. macking104 macrumors 6502

macking104

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Check out Citrix's new website on iPad-Citrix-Windows virtualization...

http://www.ipadsatwork.com

has tips on talking to your IT dept about getting iPads/iPhones to work at work...