Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nick G

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
iTunes doesn't seem to play WMA streams. I saw some info on the net about saving the stream in Quicktime as a .mov and then dragging the file to the iTunes library, but trying to save the stream in Quicktime just produces a 'Saving' progress bar which progresses at a glacial pace - I think it would never actually finish. Another method mentioned using Flip4Mac but it may be referring to an earlier version as the Preferences panel is different to that mentioned in the instructions (which are a few years old).

So, are there any other ways around this? I'd like to be able to drag the streams into my 'various Radio stations' folder so I can treat it like an mp3 stream.

Nick G

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
Would Flip for Mac do it?

clink

My name is Nick G as well!

Well I've tried using Flip4Mac but with no success so far.

I tried the following:

In the Preferences panel I selected the Audio button, then the Advanced button, then under "Import files completely in the following applications" I chose iTunes. Still no joy though. The stream loads into the library like an mp3 would but it won't play.

Am I doing this right or not?

Great name by the way :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.