Is there any way to add the "back" multitask to apps that don't support it?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bobright, Nov 16, 2015.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I love iOS 9 new "back" to whatever previous app you were on that lets you multitask easier but there some apps for me that it doesn't support. Is there any tweaks that could add this across specific apps or does it have to be written into the app and won't work?

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I don't think that has anything to do with how the app is coded. Isn't it done automatically by iOS if 1 app launches another app? (click an address in Messages and it opens Maps, you'll get a "Back to Messages" link, or click a link in Gmail and it opens Chrome, you'll get a "Back to Gmail" link). I think that's all handled automatically by the OS based on how apps are launched.

3. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

No for certain apps e.g Tweetbot on my iPad Air it doesn't work

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Maybe check if there is a flex tweak for it. I know for AirPlay there is one at least.

5. pdaholic macrumors 6502a

pdaholic

There's a tweak called LastApp that I use on my iPod still on iOS8. I use activator to trigger it by tapping a left-sided spot in the menu bar. Not sure if it's compatible with iOS9, and you don't get the "back to xxx" in the menu, but otherwise it works well.