Is there any way to convert?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thecharlesmoore, Apr 19, 2011.

1. thecharlesmoore macrumors member

This may seem like a stupid question...but I now own a Mac and I LOVE IT! but I have a game that is PC and I wanted to know if there was any software to convert it to Mac?

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Not really I'm afraid.

What game is it?

You can install windows on a Mac. Some games are available on the Mac (boxed or via something like steam). Macs are getting better for gamers, but they are still pretty weak.

3. thecharlesmoore thread starter macrumors member

4. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

The good news is that is available on Mac. I'm in the UK and that is £18 on Amazon. However, I can't think of anything you could do with the PC version. There is a programme called Crossover which can sometimes help, but not with The Sims 2.

Some new games are both Mac and PC compatible out of the box. Take the Sims 3 for example (£22 on Amazon.co.uk). Hopefully that trend of one box versions will continue.

Someone talked about thishere.

5. mac8867 macrumors 6502

If you do not want to dual partition your Mac, you can run virtualization software with a Windows operating System. Use the product key from your old machine (if you have one).

http://www.virtualbox.org/

6. c1phr macrumors 6502

Issue with this, is 3d support in Virtual Box is pretty spotty, and isn't a gaming solution.

OP: You're probably gonna have to buy the mac version of the game, or install Windows through BootCamp.