Is there any way to delete all local calendars?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by kepardue, Oct 5, 2016.

1. kepardue macrumors 6502

My wife got an iPhone 7, and we restored her files from backup. She noticed that her battery life was terrible and the Calendar app was incredibly slow to respond. I looked at it for her and noticed that there are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of duplicate calendars named "Calendar" on her device. I have no idea how they got there, or how long they may have been there. Obviously it would take two forevers to go in and delete each one. I tried syncing calendars with her Mac, thinking maybe they would go away, but now I have thousands of duplicate calendars on her Mac, too.

These are all local,on both devices. Not in iCloud.

Any idea how I can wipe out all local calendars?? Bonus points if it's a solution that also applies to the Mac to clean that up as well.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried deleting them on the Mac and seeing if the sync would delete them on the iPhone as well?

3. kepardue thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd love to, but I can't find a way to delete them all from the Mac at once, either. I guess it's a bit faster than on iOS.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

You could probably at least select large portions of them and delete them in a much simpler/faster way.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

6. kepardue thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, no dice. I deleted them from the Mac, but they came right back the next time I synced. I turned off syncing with the Mac, and I noticed that the calendars all changed from "Calendar" to empty "Birthdays" calendars (see attached). I've signed out of iCloud, deleted every account on the phone, but these Birthday calendars are persistent.

Attached Files:

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

You don't see them at the iCloud website?

I'm thinking you're going to have to get all data (photos etc.) that you want off of that iPhone, restore it as new, and set it up without restoring from a backup.