Is there any way to fix a broken iPhone logic board?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Csph1r3, May 21, 2010.

1. Csph1r3 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3GS and I broke it pretty badly. I managed to fix almost everything but the power button, the silent button, and the phone/text capabilities. I'm only worried about the latter. I'm pretty sure it's because the part of the logic board snapped completely in half at the little yellow/gray circle just above the number 7 connector. Any way to fix or is it just going to be an iPod touch from now on? Thanks.

tl;dr. snapped logic board. can i fix?

2. NETEFX.NET macrumors newbie

snapped logic boards

The logic boards on the iPhone are multi-layred and have many trace routes that would need to be re-connected. Its not impossible, to reconnect these but it would take a lot of patience, a very steady hand, lots of time...and well, you get the idea. Even if you got it back together electrically speaking it would be very delicate.

IMHO i would find a used beat up iPhone that has a good logic board and swap out pieces before trying to reconnect the broken board.

If you do venture into reconnecting - post your results pls.

3. Csph1r3 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will post results, but my iPhone is pretty unique. I built all the themes, icons, statusbars etc up from scratch using photoshop and iFile, and it has way too many packages to transfer over easily. What would be be easier, reconnecting the broken logic board or swapping out flash memorys? Thanks.

4. z3r0trac3 macrumors newbie

hy

if u have a spare logic boar i want some parts. please reply if u dont want to repair your board

5. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Seems like it might just be the antenna tracks that are broken - I have seen this before on a 3G phone and I have bridged across using very thin wire but it is quite hard because you need to find a suitable point to solder on to. Can't comment without a picture.

6. fife43 macrumors newbie

Southampton

Hi Gadgetgeezer,

Are you UK or USA as I have a 3g with this problem and live in the UK?

fife43