Is there any way to Get an Open NAT when using MyWi?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Absolem, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Absolem macrumors regular

Im using MyWi, Which I have my laptop connected to, and I then have the Xbox:D bridged through the laptop, well is there any way to get an Open NAT for the Xbox? I don't know if AT&Ts 3g network will force it to be strict or if its something i could change in windows 7. I don't think there is any such options on the iphone to create a DMZ or forward a few ports.

*EDIT***********************
    I FIgured it out, nevermind thanks, I bridged my connection a different way through Windows and it is now open. Sweet! :)

2. Ghacks macrumors newbie

Please help

Is there any way you can explain how you did this? I have mywi and a pc laptop and I'm trying to figure out how to open my NAT. You seem to be on top of it, so I was hoping for a basic explanation. Thanks mate- G

3. Absolem thread starter macrumors regular

If you just want open NAT for your laptop you should be fine as long as you don't have your windows firewall set up strict.
    Or are you looking to open your nat for your xbox?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Can you actually do online gaming using iphone tethering?
    I didnt think the latency or speed would be sufficient.

5. Absolem thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, its not the greatest but definently playable. It comes n goes though for me(and my house is a bad spot for reception, it bounces around tons). It will be playable but then like once every 8minutes itll just get so bad you can't move and/or play then after you wait maybe 5 seconds itll be back to playable.

Only time I would do this for real though is if you're in a situation where it would be nice to have a connection and you don't, otherwise doing it for fun gets old after an hr

6. ITS ME DAVID macrumors 6502

I did this with my ps3 and miwi playing mw2. No lag had 2 bars on my phone and 3 bars on mw2 signal and after 4 hrs gameplay only used about 8mb dl and 15gm upload

7. DavidVilla7, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012

DavidVilla7 macrumors newbie

Open Nat

Hi i have a closed nat on xbox. im tethering iphone 3gs 3.1.3 spirited using mywi wifi to a laptop. then i connected xbox and laptop with ethernet cord. how did u get open nat on xbox?:confused: plz share dude.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True, on an emergency if you home internet goes down and you're stuck waiting to have them fix it or something.

9. nednarm macrumors 6502

weird, I was trying this out the other day and wasn't able to join any games on mw2 (xbox 360).
    The nat type was set to strict, even if it could be opened wouldn't the ping be too bad anyway?
    Wouldn't mind getting this working.

10. Absolem thread starter macrumors regular

Yes the ping is high but I can still find a game, it just takes a bit.

I will post up how to get an open NAT later today hopefully. Ive got a crap of reading that i should be doing instead of looking at this forum bah

11. Absolem thread starter macrumors regular

To Obtain an Open NAT (On Windows 7 - should be along the line for vista and xp)

1. Go to Your Network and Sharing Center
    2. Click "Change Adapter Settings" on the Left.
    3. Right click Your Wireless Connection
    4. Click Properties
    5. Click the Sharing Tab
    6. Check "Allow other network users to connect through this Computers Internet Connection"

and you should be good to go. Open NAT

12. DavidVilla7 macrumors newbie

kewl gonna try this.
    im running vista and instead of change adapter settings its manage network connections...
    i will post my results

13. DavidVilla7 macrumors newbie

Nevermind...

IT WORKED!!! thanks dude!

Whats wrong? it was working for about 3days with open nat and everything and now i cant connect to live and if i do i have a closed nat. one time it said something about a MTU level...

14. Absolem thread starter macrumors regular

You're Welcome!

;) No problemo

15. nednarm macrumors 6502

16. Absolem thread starter macrumors regular

yep,you just go to the apple store, ask to return your mac than go by a pc ;)

hehe just busting your balls

17. DavidVilla7 macrumors newbie

OH NOzzz!

it was working with open nat for a good 3-4 days but now its a closed nat again...any ideas?