Is there any way to hide jailbreak from showing in the settings menu???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ap3604, Jul 9, 2011.

1. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I was going to go into the apple store and meet with a genius to get my speaker repaired but I am jailbroken and don't want to lose my jailbreak :(

I know I can use SBSettings to hide apps like Cydia and Winterboard from showing on my homescreen but I also need to be able to hide things like Activator and Winterboard in the settings menu.

Is there anyway to hide Activator and Winterboard from showing in the settings? :confused:

Thanks for your help guys.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I don't believe there is. If you're taking your iPhone to Apple, the best bet is to do a restore. :eek:

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

Are they going to arrest you if they see your phone is jailbroken ?

4. AdrianK macrumors 68020

People have been refused service, I believe. I can understand why.

5. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

All current firmware's are jailbreak-able, so you can always re-jailbreak after your appointment (which depending on the severity of the issue could happen anyway if they just replace your phone). I'd suggest doing a full backup including backing up your jailbreak apts with something like pkgbackup, and then do a full restore and see if the problem persists. If so, go to your Genius appointment with a freshly restored iPhone and show them what's wrong with it. Once it's fixed or replaced just restore from your backup.

6. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

This. JBing is so easy and basically fool-proof on 4.3.3 that there's no reason not to just be safe and do a restore (after you backup everything) before you bring it in.