Is there any way to make iTunes recognize...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zazaban, May 14, 2007.

1. Zazaban macrumors regular

Okay, I have a lot of albums titled "Greatest Hits" but iTunes thinks it's a single album, so CoverArt gets screwed up ect.

Any way to fix that?

2. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

not the fastest way but probably the most apropriate way :

select the tracks with the wrong album art and delete the image. Scan the cover and add this one to the track.

3. Zazaban thread starter macrumors regular

Haven't actually added the Album Art yet.

4. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

you so crazy

just go to amazon and look em up. Enlarge the album art, and drag it right into iTunes

Takes few minutes, but that's the best way IMO

5. Nym macrumors 6502a

Nym

iTunes should keep the albums separate by default because, although the album name is common, the artist name (year, composer, genre, etc) is probably different so it shouldn't be grouping them together.

To make sure that iTunes knows how to separate the "Greatest Hits" albums from one another:

Select all the "Greatest Hits" tracks that belong to one of the artists only, Get Info (cmd + i) and in the Artist name type whatever the artist is and check the "compilation" check box in the get info panel too.

That way it shouldn't mix all the Greatest Hits albums, unless you're browsing for album name. It should now recognize that the albums have the same name but are from different artists.

And to get Album Art you can always check out CoverScout, which you have to buy, but there are a lot of free apps out there that do the same, just google it :)

6. Zazaban thread starter macrumors regular

Thank You. I was a little confused by the instructions though :p

You see, I can only do it One song at a time. It's annoying.

Even then It didn't appear to affect anything. It still thinks it's one album

I.E.
    Greatest Hits
    Various Artists

7. Angrist macrumors 6502

Try an app called "Clutter" to get the album art, IIRC it's aware of the Artist field as well as the album name.

I'd dig up a link, but you can google as fast as I can.