Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Having many problems with push sync of contacts and other things, I would really like to force a sync between MobiieMe and the iPhone to see if the phone finally catches up.

So, I turn push off, set the Fetch interval to manual, and under Advanced and the MobileMe account for Contacts and Calendars, changed that from Push to Manual.

But, I can find anywhere to initiate this "manual" sync - where's the button for this?

lane.askew

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
I've hunted to no avail...

but I did find out that a consolation prize is that iTunes now has the option under info tab to manually sync calendars from the mac to the iphone. My iphone still lags calendar sync from mobileme though. I need to find the way to manually sync with mobileme as well... Push seems to take breaks exactly when I don't want it to...

Perhaps a question for mobileme support chat...

Lane

lane.askew

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
playing some more, I found one way to do it...

under 'settings,' then 'mail, contacts, calendars'

then select mobileme account

I merely turned the calendar off, deleted all associated calendars from iPhone, then turned back on... waited a minute or so to download all the data and it completed a manual sync.

Not exactly what I was looking for, but it did the trick.

Lane

Zincous

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2008
Sacramento CA
For oz-man,

I was using a mac.

-Lane

Then you could have done this:

58pO

That's the manual sync for mobileme from the computer to the phone.

AppelGek

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2010
USA
He was asking for how to force it on the iphone, not on the computer. I'm still surprised there is no simple way to force this on the iphone, without deleting the account and resyncing it.

so this is still unresolved i guess... my situation: MacBook synced to MobileMe with no problem, my contacts appeared slowly but surely on the iPhone 4. updated a few contacts on Mac, re-sync > see changes on MobileMe. it's now 6-7 hours later and my iPhone still does NOT reflect the update(s).

what gives ? i mean, what to do ?

johanwhite

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2010
I think you should change your settings. You will find somewhere in your settings mail, contacts, calendars. You just select it. Then you should select Mobile Me account. Then you should try to delete all your calendars. And then turn on iphone. I think your problem will be solved in this way.

jnjewlz

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2010
Florida
Agree... I'm going to try a full shut down and restart of the iPhone4. Hopefully it is programmed to hit MobileMe upon restart...
He was asking for how to force it on the iphone, not on the computer. I'm still surprised there is no simple way to force this on the iphone, without deleting the account and resyncing it.

Thorendor

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2009
In the Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> <youraccount>@me.com, turn off the contacts, answer to keep the contacts on your iPhone, and then turn on contacts again.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.