Is there any way to operate programs in F9 mode?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by duelingdragons, Jul 27, 2007.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

I basically want to be able to navigate websites while watching a movie and stuff.

When I F9 now, I get this view, but the second I want to click on the website, it brings it back into the forefront.

I want to be able to keep several windows in full view at all times?
    Is this at ALL possible?

2. NickD macrumors 6502a

NickD

It should be. When I go into Expose mode, all windows stay revealed until I tell them to go back. Is this what you're asking about, or did I misinterpret?

NickD

3. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, I want to be able to see my movie playing while browsing the internet, in two seperate windows, but both visible at the same time.

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

is there no way you can arrange your windows to do that?

5. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

If you use VLC to watch your videos, just select the "always on top" option. then the video will always be in front of all other open windows, regardless of which application is active. That's what I do.

6. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

ummm.. i'm very confused about your problem... can't you just put your movie into windowed mode and size it to fit next to whatever you are browsing on the internet? ... scale your windows down to both fit? What exactly is the problem here?

7. kinesin macrumors regular

Download Afloat from version tracker.

It places a 'always on top' option into the menus, a great for solution for what you are looking for. I had similar issues while watching the live IronMan web stream and found this software.