Is there any way to play video from DLNA source on Mac/Front Row/Plex?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lokiju, Jun 24, 2010.

1. lokiju macrumors 6502

I have a DLNA set up set exactly how I want it via PS3 media server and while that's great for viewing content on my main living room TV via my PS3, I'd love to have a way to hit that same content from my bedroom Mac.

Plex has a slick interface and I know I can do network paths but it'd make things much more simplified if there was just a way to point Plex or Front Row to my DLNA server that my PS3 also uses in order to access all my content.

I have searched high and low and have yet to find a good solution/answer to this.

To be 100% clear, I do NOT need help finding a DLNA server app, I want a DLNA client option for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

2. brijazz macrumors 6502

brijazz

Just wondering why it needs to be via DLNA. Why not just connect from your bedroom Mac to your server Mac via AFP (ie connecting to the server Mac from the Finder)?

3. lokiju thread starter macrumors 6502

It'd be nice to have one method to point everything to and have it all view the content laid out how I've already predefined it.

I can hit my DLNA server (in this case PS3 Media Server) via my PS3 or Xbox360 or anything that supports DLNA and I don't have to do anything else. No special configuration, not selecting what content I want. It's all already set on the server side.