Is there any way to record an asx streaming?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by torcator, Jan 31, 2010.

1. torcator macrumors newbie

Guys, I'm a newbie to mac, so may be I ask stupid questions, if so I'm so sorry.

Ok my issue is this.. I really enjoy to listen some radio shows, but at that time I'm working, so I was wondering if there is any way to record the to listen later.

The show only last 2 hours, and since it's radio quality the mp3 file should be really small.

basically this radio is streaming on a asx format, and I can listen it with quickitime, so I think that there is a soft that allow me to do that.

if you guys know can you please help me?

thanks in advance...

2. jackerin macrumors 6502a

ASFRecorderX. (Though I've never gotten the GUI to work the command-line version is quite easy to use.)

3. torcator thread starter macrumors newbie

uhh, I've downloaded.. but have a problem... the software expires on 2009/12/31.

4. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Hmm, strange restriction. The CLI version shouldn't have that "feature", though it's a bit trickier to use. First you need the mms url to the stream (it only works with mms, not http streams), just open the .asx file in textedit and see what type it is.

After that, show package contents and navigate to ASFRecorderX/Contents/Resources/mmsclient. Drag this onto a Terminal.app window, then a space and paste in the mms url.