is there any way to reduce sensitivity of the light sensor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by neversaynever, Jun 24, 2010.

1. neversaynever macrumors member

neversaynever

does anyone know how to fix this? the sensor is a good idea, but I don't want it changing when I move my head :/ rather not disable it, because very practical usually.

2. a-m-k macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

Not to sound dumb, but I have been a primarily mac user for a short time, but what is the light sensor? Are you talking about when you have your screen lit up to your preference, and you turn or tilt your head and it fades a little, kind of like what I think windows laptops can have, it's as far as I know, a thin sheet that you put on your screen and it's like a "privacy veil", so if someone was sitting next to you, they turn their head to see what you are doing, they can't see what's on your screen? I don't know who whole idea of the shield is though.

3. sadcamper macrumors regular

I think he's referring to the feature that dims the display depending on how bright your surround is.

As far as I know, no, there is no way to adjust the sensitivity...but I admit I haven't researched the subject at length.

4. devils punchbow macrumors member

5. sadcamper macrumors regular

It's actually directly to the left of the isight (try putting your finger over it to dim it).

It used to be either in or above the speaker grills (on older models).