Is there ANY way to remove the Stocks App?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hecklerdanny, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

Now that we can re-arrange apps and add our own, is there ANY way to get rid of the Stocks app? I didn't open that thing up even one time on my 1st Gen iPhone, and I don't think I will on my new 3G iPhone either when it comes this week...

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Move it to another Home screen. You can't get rid of it.

Unless you want to mess with your firmware and create a custom one with the app missing.

Don't come crying to us when you bork something, though.

3. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

Here here ... I've been wanting to get rid of the stocks app too, but I don't think you can dump it.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You can't remove any of the apps that are supplied with the iPhone. I moved my least used apps to the last page of my icons. That way I don't see them very often and my most used apps are on the first page.

5. miniyou64 macrumors 6502

miniyou64

You should buy Apple stock, then you can use the stocks app to watch your money go up

6. rayward macrumors 68000

Just make an extra 3rd page and put all your unwanted icons there. Then you'd never see them.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That's what I do, but you explained it alot better than I did.:D

8. Hecklerdanny thread starter macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

While I have no intention of "Borking" anything on my new iPhone, I will take your suggestion and move it to another screen...One where I won't have to look at it. It's not perfect, but it'll do!

9. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

If the app tracked the rising price of oil and gold and the falling dollar vs. the Euro, then it might be useful. Or perhaps a running list of bank failures and foreclosures.