Is there any way to restore my stickies database back to a previous date?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rderi8, Dec 2, 2009.

1. rderi8 macrumors newbie

Ok here's my hellish ordeal:

I am a songwriter. At the beginning of November I opened my stickies and a song I had been working on was gone. I have had data recovery attempt to find the lost stickie, but 1) it was not saved as a text file, 2) it is no longer in the stickies database, and 3) I do not currently have time machine. Basically, everyone told me I was screwed except the top of the line place in California who wants to charge me $1500 to just attempt to get it back, with no gurantee.

Is there anyway I can recover a deleted stickie? Or is there anyway to restore the stickies database/my computer back to a date when I know the stickie there?

Please please help...this is increadibly important.

2. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Howdy. Without some kind of back up system that you used (like Time Machine), then you are most likely out of luck. I doubt that the recovery company can get it, even you spend $1500.

Obviously this doesn’t help now, but get Time Machine with a backup data storage hard drive, and use it regularly. I am backing up my hard drive right now, as a matter of fact, because it has been nagging me for a day or so. I have retrieved something like what you are after several times over the past two years. Invaluable.