Is there any way to sync my jailbroken ipod touch songs?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by s2late2be, Jan 27, 2010.

1. s2late2be macrumors newbie

without losing my apps and settings?
    I really want to sync some more songs but i dont want to do all over again, i mean, the jailbroke, the installous, the apps, the settings, please, is there any way to sync and not to lose all of it?

2. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

Im not sure i understand what you mean, but i think you shouldn't be worried. The only way to lose your stuff as you mentioned, is to *restore* your device using iTunes. If you just want to sync your songs (or whatever else) to your iPod, feel free to do it, it doesn't matter if your device is jailbroken. It will sync whatever is present on iTunes and not on the iPod (or vice versa) or you can manually choose what to sync in it. So to sum it up, feel free to hit the "Sync" button, you won't lose anything from your device :)

3. s2late2be thread starter macrumors newbie

But I tried to sync it before and I lost all the apps that i had on the ipod touch..:rolleyes:

4. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

That can only happen if the computer you are syncing it with doesn't have those applications. This could be either because you originally synced it with another computer, or because you downloaded apps directly from your iPod. In the second case, a pop up message should appear, asking you if you want to transfer your purchased items from the iPod to iTunes (thus syncing your iTunes with your iPod instead of vice versa)