Is there any way to transfer Android sms to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by walterman, Jul 21, 2015.

1. walterman macrumors newbie

I just bought an iPhone 6 to replace my old Moto X, which I have been with for almost 2 yrs. Currently, I have moved the contacts and photos from the old device to the new iPhone. But could't figure out a way to transfer the text messages? Anybody knows a fast way on this? coz i got 200+ to copy from

2. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

Not until the supposed Android transfer app Apple has been working on comes out.

3. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

Yup will be interested in what that app will do - probably Apple should have had one like it years ago. My wife is thinking of leaving the dark side but needs to make sure all is moved over accurately

4. sura macrumors newbie

It's not even easy when changing from one Android phone to another. It can be done but it took a special app when I changed from HTC One to S6. When I came back to Apple, all was lost.

5. Eau Rouge macrumors regular

Use an Android app to export them to txt/csv which you can then read on the iPhone. Won't be readable in the messages app but it's better than losing the conversations.

6. jason.r macrumors newbie

Yes, http://www.wondershare.com/phone-transfer/

I had an iphone 4 and changed to a HTC one in dec 2012 purely because of the larger screen sizes. Moved back to a iPhone 6+ October 2014 once Apple had the larger screens.
    There were over 16000 msg conversation and I didn't want to lose some of them. Was really sceptical of all the supposed programs out there that would say they preserved everything but decided to give the above program a shot.
    All worked flawlessly, all time stamps, replies sms & mms, etc all came over. Took a while. Thought it had froze at times as it seemed to be going nowhere but in the end, success.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

8. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

I don't know if any other carrier has their app available, but Verizon has VZ Cloud that will sync your texts, call history, contacts...etc.

9. walterman, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015

walterman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the kindly suggestions and I have tried all of them. Finally, got the problem solve with the following tutorial:

http://tinyurl.com/puhv67t

Btw, the program supports transfer for multiple items between different smartphones, such as text messages, contacts, photos, music, video and ebooks.

10. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

wonder when move to IOS will be out

as i will be getting 6 plus S coming from the note 4