Is there any way to update an ApplePay card icon?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by KTK1990, Mar 28, 2015.

1. KTK1990 macrumors 6502

About 2 weeks ago my bank became an ApplePay partner and I was able to successfully register my card with ApplePay. Only problem is that the card design isn't the one that matches my physical card.

I have tried deleting the card, re-adding it, and restarting the phone and each time it shows the same card with a different design.

Is there any way to make ApplePay show my actual card design? It is just the default design that everyone gets and not some special custom one.

2. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

I believe the card image is provided by the bank, and I'm pretty sure it's the same for all cards of a given type.

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

yea its immediately recognized by card number. your bank has its image assigned on there end. once they update it on their end, it should be fixed on your phone.

4. KTK1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks,

I contacted my bank and found the issue was about a week after I got my card they changed to chip+signature cards with a new design. When my current card expires then the replacement will have the same design as ApplePay does.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Call me silly, but if the card works in :apple:Pay, the card design is irrelevant. :eek:

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

That would make me wanna get the new card just do it matches and I don't even have ocd lol.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Technically since the chip is essentially becoming a requirement you might as well ask the bank to send you a replacement card with the chip in it at this point and not wait until your current one expires, unless it's sometime soon.

8. KTK1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

I would want the new card soon so it would match also, but I don't have anywhere to use ApplePay really. Since I can't use it (Only place I found was a vending machine 100 feet out of my way that had double prices of a store nearby) it doesn't really bug me.

I should be getting my new card in April or May so its close enough not to make a fuss about things.

9. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Lol, I may have some anal retentiveness, but even I'm not that bad. lol.