is there anything better than VLC player?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by born4sky, Sep 26, 2011.

1. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

I got lucky and snap VLC copy for iPad while it was available.
    I love the convenience of drag and drop, but VLC sometimes having problems with a sound. It's just wont play sound for some files... or it would play music, but the voice would be very low so you wont hear anything...

Is there any similar programs that will allow me to do the same thing? Please advise.

Cheers! Have a great week everyone.

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I went through this same search a couple months ago and settled on AVPlayer. Have not found any files it will not play.

4. bigmatt macrumors newbie

XBMC, but of course you need to be jailbroken. Multiple times VLC has told me my device won't work well for the file. And, it was correct as I would get sound and basically no video. xbmc would play the same file perfectly with sound and smooth video.

5. iArch macrumors regular

iArch

Installed It's Playing recently and it works as advertised. A very tidy app.

6. iArch, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

iArch macrumors regular

iArch

I mentioned Its Playing a couple of posts up and it does indeed work perfectly, but after reading about Goodplayer here, it seems pretty cool. I just really like how the developer has been actively listening, responding, and updating the product. It's only a couple bucks and looks to be more feature packed, too, so I'm gonna give it a go. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Bought Goodplayer and don't regret it because, again, it seems a developer and product worth supporting, but truth be told, Its Playing does a couple of things better, at least for me, so for now, it's my go-to do-it-all video app.

7. Pete the Geek macrumors regular

GoodPlayer is available from the app store, works well and is actively supported by the developer.

8. natteaap macrumors member

I asked around in the other topic, but got no answer as of yet. So with the risk of sounding a bit too impatient ...

Does goodplayer has video out? I mean, does it play on a television through HDMI? (I have the apple connector with hdmi out and it plays my apple video app perfectly on my 42" screen) I know it has been advertised, but that's advertisement. Does it really work?

thanx for the answers.

9. born4sky thread starter macrumors 6502a

born4sky

got a good player ) so far so good.... dont have any problems with video codec as I had them with VLC.

10. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

EC Player is another great app. You might want to check it out.