Is there anything I can do with my MacBook issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mrbill317, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Mrbill317 macrumors regular

I just bought my macbook on July 20th 2007. Brand new in box ect.
    Its the White , 2.16 ghz , 120gb model

I dont use it much and bought a beautiful be.ez messenger bag. I take super good care of my computer stuff.
    Well I dont use the mac extensively but I am noticing the huge amt of scratches this unit keeps getting. I have the iskin keyboard cover to help in that area but the outside of the unit , even though I hold it on the sides. Is soooo scratched all over.
    I am so pissed off , I paid 1100 bucks for a scratch magnet. It scratches easier then my 60gig ipod.

I was storing the laptop in that bag it comes with in the box , and even that scratched it lightly. WTF

Is there any recourse at all? I personally think this is bullsh**.

Its like any fabric or bag other then cleaning cloth scratches the unit with barely any effort.

2. Zianac macrumors member

3. Mrbill317 thread starter macrumors regular

No way in heck

I was told those speck shells are terrible , they hold in heat and if dust gets in between the unit and that it gouges it badly.

Thanks for trying to help. I might write apple and see if they recommend anything

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I noticed that my MB scratched on my velcro fastener in my backpack. I now put it in a sleeve before it goes in the backpack. No more scratches.

5. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

Whoever told you that is full of crap. I know of quite a few folks that use them and they have had no problems, they also don't have any scratches...

6. Mrbill317 thread starter macrumors regular

Nice info about the velcro , I will see if I can remove it.

7. kerotab macrumors member

kerotab

I bought my hard shell case on ebay for a lot cheaper than what techshell or speck is charging. Not sure what brand mine is, but works well.

8. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Sorry Mine did scratch my macbook, sold the shell the next day...google it :)

9. spick macrumors member

I bought a generic clear coating spray from my local hardware shop that I make sure it doesn't have acetone in it and spray it on the top of the macbook. Now it's less scatchable and less shining too, but I can live with that.