Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
This happens to me CONSTANTLY with Safari, Facebook and Twitter. So irritating. Could it have something to do with the fact that I have a 2 year old 4S or that I'm still running 5.01?

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
It's the app developers that needs blame... Cough fb cough words with friends!!!!

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Is programmed obsolescence man. The will make Safari to run crabby on an 4/s to compell u to shell$ out for new hardware. Try the Atomic browser (free), runs smoother than Safari, I like it.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It's the app developers that needs blame... Cough fb cough words with friends!!!!

Yeah Facebook is horrible for it. I stopped using it altogether because the app crashes almost every time I scroll down the News Feed.

It's more iOS7 than anything. My iPhone has crashed more in the past few months with iOS 7 than any of my iPhones ever did combined since 2008.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
This happens to me CONSTANTLY with Safari, Facebook and Twitter. So irritating. Could it have something to do with the fact that I have a 2 year old 4S or that I'm still running 5.01?

Might be time to reset your phone to defaults, or maybe even update to iOS 7. I suggest a clean install and starting from scratch.

Is programmed obsolescence man. The will make Safari to run crabby on an 4/s to compell u to shell$ out for new hardware. Try the Atomic browser (free), runs smoother than Safari, I like it.

The OP is still running iOS 5.0.1, they shouldn't have any issues with Safari that weren't present before.

Plus the 4s is still a pretty decent piece of hardware.

----------

It's more iOS7 than anything. My iPhone has crashed more in the past few months with iOS 7 than any of my iPhones ever did combined since 2008.

It's a iOS 7 bug and a fix is in the works so don't blame it on app developers, programmed obsolescence, or anything else you pull out of your ass.

The OP is running iOS 5.0.1...

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
If you're still on iOS 5 or 6, a good rule of thumb is to avoid updating to "Optimized for iOS 7" app versions unless the developer has crippled the old version (i.e., it'll stop working entirely).

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
The OP is still running iOS 5.0.1, they shouldn't have any issues with Safari that weren't present before.

Plus the 4s is still a pretty decent piece of hardware.

I am on 4s/6.1.3 and Safari starts to feel a little sluggish. Pinch-zoom it and it takes a few seconds for it to come back, same when changing orientation.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I am on 4s/6.1.3 and Safari starts to feel a little sluggish. Pinch-zoom it and it takes a few seconds for it to come back, same when changing orientation.

I had issues with 6.1.x on my 4s throughout the whole time that I owned it. I sold it and bought an Android phone before iOS 7 came out.

Anyway, iOS 7 had its own share of issues, but it seemed to run fine on my wifes 4s.

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
i can think of a few:
- consistency typing a word wrong
- stubbing your toe
- overly sticky price labels
- getting the last 2 tic tak's stuck in the container
- the misuse of the word literally
- forgetting a towel in the shower
- not being able to find a parking spot when you are late
- feeling your phone vibrate when it didn't
- your favorite tv show on netflix isn't updated
- trying to guess how much pasta to make
- video buffering
- deliveries being late
- internet being down
- things not working how they are supposed to

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.