Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I'm finding myself in a situation where I will need to hook up my MacBook to a projector for presentations.

Since the school projectors will take in only VGA, that leaves me with the VGA Multiport Adapter sold by Apple. My question is - are there any known issues with it? I'm asking because the HDMI version has a litany of one-star reviews, and the VGA adapter doesn't seem to be well-received either.

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA
My HDMI one works fine, I'm going to guess the VGA one works fine as well.

ahostmadsen

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
I have the HDMI adapter, with no problems. I also have a third party VGA adapter and third party HDMI adapter. Both are cheap and work flawlessly. My point is, I don't think it's rocket science to make these adapters work, and any of them will work fine.

mhunt407

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2017
Bristol, UK
I've tried a few third party ones when it comes to HDMI adapters, the Apple one is the only one I've had success with. I'd imagine a similar story with the VGA one - especially if you want power at the same time.

ahostmadsen

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
I've tried a few third party ones when it comes to HDMI adapters, the Apple one is the only one I've had success with. I'd imagine a similar story with the VGA one - especially if you want power at the same time.
The third party VGA and HDMI adapters I have are unpowered, and as I said, they work flawlessly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.