Is there anyway (app) to stream ESPN?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RotaryP7, Jan 24, 2012.

1. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

And no, not through the WatchESPN app. It isn't compatible w/ Comcast. And, unfortunately, Comcast doesn't have an app which lets us users stream live tv to our phones like ESPN.

Is there any TV app on Cydia or whatnot that lets me do this? Just wondering. :)

2. ThHeartlessHero macrumors member

If you want one with third-party equipment, you could get a Hauppauge TV tuner and use their WinTV Extend app, I use it for quite a few channels here and there.

I don't know of a free app that will other than the WatchESPN app.

3. RotaryP7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah, thanks man.

I found this StreamShire on Cydia. I'll probably check it out. Ah well.

----------

Bad idea. That was crap. Haha. Well, I guess I can't stream ESPN then. Sigh.

4. ThHeartlessHero macrumors member

Maybe you can get someone with TWC or another supported provider to login to their account on your phone and then stream. It just needs to be logged in to authorize the account, nothing like all the in-home wifi only streaming options from TWC, FiOS, Direct, Comcast, etc.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I can't give it a glowing recommendation but OrbLive can do it. You have to run Orb Caster on your Mac or Windows computer. You also need to be a cable subscriber that can get streaming ESPN3 or whatever it's called now. You'll only be able to stream what you can stream on your browser (live and replays).

What happens is the server app brings in the flash stream, converts it and re-streams it to your mobile device...on the fly.

OrbLive is $10 but there's a free version that you can get to see how and if it works for you. Limited selection of programs to play, of course.

Orb support for ESPN3 has been off and on for the last couple of years but it's been working for several months now. I just checked and it's working with the Australian Open (replay). The frame rate is pretty good...you can see the ball well.

6. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

the justin.tv app (apple app store; not cydia) fills my needs for nearly any broadcasted sporting event - espn or not

7. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

Try the Ustream app one the app stor and search sporting events.

You can also firstrow.tv ............... but youll need flash of an ipad app like iswifter.