Is there anyway I can make this exchange?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sportsfrk214, Feb 7, 2008.

1. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

I am going to be receiving an iPod Touch soon that was purchased about a month and a half ago. It is still unopened. I didnt buy it directly from Apple. Do you think that if I brought the iPod to an Apple Store, they would let me exchange it for the 32 GB Model (the one im getting is 16) for a $100 charge (the difference in price between those 2 models)?

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

they may need proof of purchase, but it couldn't hurt to try i suppose

3. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Yes, they will give you store credit for an unopened iPod, I've tried it with an old one. Just make some BS about losing the receipt.

If they mention serial numbers, swear that you bought it from them. Seems kinda unorthodox but it works...so long as you have the shrink wrap on it.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Since you most likely did this at Keystone, be aware that it's the easiest Apple store that I've EVER been to if I want to get something replaced/get a replacement. In other stores, I don't know if this would work. I've dealt with like 8 Apple stores in situations like this and not all are that nice.

5. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

hahaha you are right about that. They are usually very busy and don't care much either, that's why they do seemingly unorthodox procedures.

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

They're not always busy, though. I was one of two customers in the store when I bought my iMac in August. The employees are just very lenient on Apple's policies.

7. sportsfrk214 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So how should I go about doing this? Take my iPod to my local Apple Store and ask then for an exchange, and I pay the difference. Does this seem like something that could work? I could always make the argument that as a customer I wasn't expecting Apple to update their line so quickly like with the iPhone price drop lol.

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

Ask just that. Remember to be nice and they'll probably allow you to go through with the trade as long as you still have the shrink wrap on. If not, I don't know.